Salary: £55000 - £65000
Job type: Permanent
Full Picture Recruitment are seeking a Infrastructure Engineer to be part of a large team in a well-established company.
You will be responsible for the build, implement and support of a new IaaS Infrastructure and other key services within both new and established Data Centres.
This represents an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to be part of a multi-disciplined team working in a supportive environment, where initiative and continuous technical development is encouraged.
What will you be doing?
- Our operating model is to work with new client requirements to design and build the Infrastructure which is home to virtualised environments, and thereafter to provide a ‘business as usual’ service to maintain and enhance the delivered business critical systems, whilst adhering to customer SLA’s
- You will have the opportunity to work across all elements of this project, building your technical competence, client facing and team leading skills
- You will be based at a customer location in Basingstoke
The ideal candidate will be:
- Successful candidates will have an excellent understanding of IaaS, cloud and virtualisation concepts, have OS Sys-admin experience and ability to automate through a range of tools and language
- Our programme works across a wide range of technical skill sets, and you will be able to demonstrate competence in at least four of the following areas:
- Operating Systems (Build / Support / Administration); Microsoft Windows 2012 / 2016 / 2019, Redhat/CentOS 7
- Virtualisation (Build / Support / Administration); VMWare ESXi / vCenter 6+, vRealise Automation, vRealise Orchestrator, VMWare NSX, vRops Monitoring, VXRail
- Storage (Build / Support / Administration): VMWare vSAN, General:CIFS/Block, Dell IDPA, Dell ECS/ Object Store
- VDI (Build / Support / Administration): Horizon
- Vulnerability & Protection (Build / Support / Administration): YUM, WSUS, SCCM
- Networking, Cisco Switching, Cisco Firewalls, DHCP / DNS / NTP
- Hardware Security Module
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Ability to extend and deepen your skill set, where training is delivered through a combination of mentoring, on-line and classroom-based courses
- Extensive progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national or global scale
Full Picture Recruitment operates an equal opportunities policy, which means we treat people fairly.
Please note that if you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We will keep your details on record and contact should a more suitable role become available.